Saturday, July 26, 2008

PEI marathon practice run (km 0-12)

Post-run, post-dip in very chilly water on the Island!

Saturday morning practice run on the 1st 12km of the PEI marathon course which starts at the Brackley Beach provincial park. I found the start line just west of the crosswalk to the beach. It was a nice morning with temperature around 20C (68F) but was rather humid. A light rain and cloud cover helped. I took it nice and easy with many stops for pictures along the way. Very flat course here with lots of stunning views.

Uploaded my GPS data and a few geo-tagged pictures to the EveryTrail website which you can see here. It's very cool with high resolution satellite images and you can see where I took most of the pictures. The elevation info from my watch is crappy so I might use the website as default.

July 26 - Saturday
Training: 12 km (7.5 miles) (8:08 pace) very humid 7/10
Health: legs felt heavy 7/10
Stretching: iced in evening

2 comments:

Chrispy said...

Very cool! Geo-tagging really helps visualize where you were. The website is excellent. I'm starting to think about picking up a GPS for my pics too :D

Dubs said...

OK, that EveryTrail thing is cool! How do you know the locations of the pictures, do you link them later or a super fancy camera?