Saturday, December 06, 2008

Only 19 days!

Or should we say , 18 sleeps, x hours, y minutes and z secords? I guess it's not too hard to believe that there is a website for 'everything' and 'everyone', including of course, Santa!

Ah well, it will be good to have the 'kids' home for Christmas to keep me (the biggest kid of all) company as we enjoy the season and all our family traditions. Speaking of which there is one tradition that our own Downeast Andrew has been eagerly awaiting but I'm afraid will have to wait for another week as the cook had other plans. I'm hoping to get out with him in the morning for another Boyden run but it will depend on how much snow we get overnight and if they decide to plow the roads or not. For our 1st storm a few weeks ago they didn't do much plowing and basically let it melt off over the next few days (or that's what it seemed like)

Just a quick update on the running or lack thereoff this past week. More of the same really with short easy runs every day but it's not really training yet. I've been stretching the legs every day and have started some strengthening work with free weight as well which seems to be helping a bit. In fact today's 7 miler was almost totally pain free although the pace felt like it was very very slow. I've been Garmin-less now for a month and only have the old wrist watch to give me some feedback on time on my feet. Total of 40 miles for the week in 6 runs.

The 100 Pushup Challenge workouts continued as I was able to semi-complete my 2nd attempt at week 5. This mornings workout had 8 sets for a total of 160 and a continuous max of 30 at the end. It's time for another progress test to see if I'm ready for week 6 or not. Tough going and the progress is coming but very slow.

That's all I got for now. Hope to have an interesting story about a decent long(er) run on Sunday but that will depend on what the Weather and Running gods have to say about it. Have a nice weekend all!

8 comments:

Andrew said...

What?? No chocolate balls??

Love2Run said...

Maybe only a poor substitute will be available. Sorry but I did try...

Ewen said...

Is that all "to go". Don't scare me like that!

Good news that you're back on the road (snow?) with some easy running - I hope it continues to go well.

Garry said...

Happy to hear that you had a pain free run. With any luck you won't get "snowed out" today.

Unknown said...

I'm going to do an exhaustion test tomorrow to see where I am at. The weeks are getting tough.

Michael said...

Good luck with the push-ups, and the running! See what you've started?

I completed week 3 over the last 10 days (mlord). I think I'm going to repeat it though to ensure I make the necessary gains.

Love the Christmas countdown...

Unknown said...

Christmas sure is coming fast this year. 40 miles is still a good overall total for the week. Keep it up.

Dubs said...

What happened to the time. I was way ahead of the curve in November, but now I've got to get my shopping in gear!

Working in the push-ups - just didn't want to make my post any longer than it was! haha! I'll post on it next time!