Thursday, October 20, 2005

Last little MP run

6.5 total in 55:00 with 3 at marathon pace in 22:10 (20 sec fast). 10C, sunny and stiff breeze about 50k/hr for 1st mile, then at my back. HR monitor battery dying and effort felt a bit much for a run that 'should' feel easy now. Finish with nice jog across golf course and 4x100 strides.

More scheming about race pace: last year Dave & I did the 1st 1/2 in 1:35:30 and the 1st 18 at 7:15 pace. I have all the splits which I'll write out for reference and see if we can match them this year. Weather now is looking decent but on the cool side "Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 1. High 8.'' No wind or hurricanes please!

2 comments:

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Have a great race! Hope the rain holds off for you, otherwise looks like a nice day if it reaches 8C.

Looking forward to the report.

Love2Run said...

Thanks Marc, I think I'm ready. More antsy than usual so my wife will be glad to get me out of the house and get this thing over with! TTYL, Mike