Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Another fine day in the Maritimes!

What a difference a week makes, from below freezing a week ago to today with +13C(55F). It was overcast with a medium SE wind that made the return of the out and back more challenging. Did a medium long midweek run of about 9.5 miles in 81:40 with the return portion with more uphills and wind about 40 sec faster. Heart rate was low for the 1st part of the run but then >80% for most of the 2nd 1/2. Good run in general and nice to go longer (for me) midweek. Felt tired and winded after the run and generally had that lazy looking for a couch feeling. Good thing that I sit in front of a computer most days so I can get a rest.

Not much to blog about running wise. Still need to lay out my training plan for the next 18-20 weeks to get me through Boston. After that I need to prepare for my leg of the Cabot Trail and think about key races in New Brunswick through next season.

3 comments:

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

We found your winter over here. Want it back?

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Nice negative split with the headwind! Very good advice on your previous post - I hope to be able to put it to use in '07.

Enjoy the weather while you can, we both know that January is fast approaching, with February close on its heels!

Love2Run said...

Winter? I can wait but hear it's coming this weekend in time for our Christmas parade.

Looking forward to your BQ in PEI, Marc! I like to those out and back runs but it's hard not to press the pace a bit ;-)